Our retail architects recently joined other architects, contractors, facilities managers, engineers, and plenty of tech companies at the SPAR 3D Expo & Conference in Anaheim, CA. Since 2004, SPAR 3D has been showcasing the latest 3D products from input to output, with over 120 booths full of 3D scanning, processing, and visualization solutions from vendors around the world. SPAR 3D was a great place to qualify and compare the newest products and services all in one place, test innovative new technologies in hands-on demo areas, learn how 3D technologies are increasing efficiencies, and network with professionals to discuss solutions to challenges we face today.
The conference focused on key advancements in 3D scanning, including:
- Increased collaborate and problem-solving with the open API environment.
- Evolution of indoor mobile mapping.
- Improvements with the scan-to-BIM process.
- Development of software solutions to reduce processing times and files sizes.
The conference also provided insight into what’s coming next.
- Passive capture is evolving at an astonishing rate, making it faster for those out on survey and scope trips to take 360 photos on a job site.
- New players are coming into the game with a variety of mobile mapping devices, and the industry is watching to see which platform provides the most accuracy.
- Simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) and Geospatial Mapping Analysis will continue to advance as more people work with the technologies.
Travis Hager, Principal with SGA Design Group, said “It was exciting to see the latest technology available for collecting, analyzing and managing data. These innovative solutions will not only aid in the design process but will ultimately enable the building owner to make well-informed decisions based on analytics.”